Publish with Veritas Conquistor
Veritas Conquistor Publishing helps writers of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry get their work professionally converted into a standard book format with a top-notch cover design and published through Ingram, the world’s largest publisher and distributor of books.
How to Self Publish Without Spending Alot of Money
Self publishing has become a lot easier and cheaper. It’s not only respectable now, you can do it yourself. I learned the hard way. Now, I want to help other writers get to published quicker and without spending too much money.
Somethings have stayed the same.
- Everyone needs an editor and beta readers. Don’t publish your work without first at least running the entire manuscript through www.grammarly.com or having someone with an eye for technical control read the manuscript. It can get expensive to pay a professional. However, don’t ask your best friend, unless you know they can honestly do the job. Goodreads is a great place to find serious beta readers. Get someone not in relationship with you to read the manuscript and give an honest critique.
Ready to publish? Follow these steps:
- Find a template that fits your book at http://www.bookdesigntemplates.com This will save you a ton of time and money. The formatting is still tedious but nothing like starting from scratch.
- Buy an ISBN number through http://www.bowker.com. You must first set up an account.
- Hire a graphic designer to design a professional, eye-catching book cover. This is very important. Covers mean a lot and there are specifics that go into creating a cover that meets industry standards.
- Open an account at http://www.ingramspark.com. Ingram is the largest publisher in the world. It takes some time to get started with upload and publish of your first book, but you can do it. No need to pay thousands of dollars for a service.
- Once the book is published and in the Ingram distribution catalog, ensure your book is listed on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.
- Get social. Begin sharing your title on Facebook and other platforms. Ask to speak at clubs. Marketing is the hardest part. We can help you create a simple, low-cost marketing plan too.
This is obviously over simplified. The point is for around $1,000 plus whatever inventory you purchase, you can get your book published. If it’s good, people will read and share. Don’t quit your day job though until a big publishing house or movie studio calls.